December 12, 2012

designer dad

You could say that design was born in me a little. My Mom's degree is in interior design and my Dad designs roofs. He's actually pretty awesome. He designs them and bids on them. He used to be a lot more involved in the building process than that but he is unable to get on a roof anymore. 

The last roof he was able to stand on that he designed happened to be this one.


Isn't that one beautiful copper roof!? 

Yes, my Dad designed that. It is The Grand America Hotel. It's also the location of Alt Design Summit. So it's been on my mind the last 24 hours or so :)

When I was growing up, we would take road trips to see the different roofs my Dad designed and built. I remember thinking it was kind of lame to take the always take the scenic route out of our way to see these buildings. Now I find myself always pointing out his handiwork to my family while we are in the car. Every time we go to Salt Lake we pass this hotel on the freeway and every time I talk about how cool their grandpa is.

........................................................................................

And just a reminder to please go LIKE and RE-PIN my little crown pin. I'm starting to get closer but my ticker seems to not be working past 21 re-pins when there has been over 50. Sooooo especially if you were one of the first 20 pinners you might want to help me out with another pin. I really, really appreciate all the love and support on this contest. I have some great competition.


THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

 



2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! That roof is beautiful! I always admire that building when I'm in Salt Lake. I know exactly how your feel. My dad makes stainless steel doors and when I was little I remember being so embarrassed when my dad would stop and inspect doors the we passed. Now I find myself doing the same thing, and pointing out doors that my dad made to whomever I'm with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! It is such a beautiful copper roof too! Best job in the world maybe?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...